New Orleans Traditional Fence - Turn Your Yard Into a Peaceful Space
Plantation style fences, privacy fences, wood fences, and wrought-iron fences – the choices seem endless when you’re searching for a fence to define your property and increase your privacy.
At Crescent City Iron Works, we offer a wide variety of traditional fences and stylings to perfectly compliment your New Orleans residence.
Traditional fences provide privacy and boundary clarification, prevent pets (and young children) from escaping to the street, and discourage trespassers – all while blending into the design of your home and garden. Their subtle white or wood finishes match nearly any floral or architectural arrangement.
If you’re considering a traditional fence, give us a call! We’ll gladly show you the varying designs and finishes available, and help plan and install your new fence.
If you’re wondering what sort of cost is involved in installing a traditional fence, give us a call – we offer free estimates!
What is a traditional fence?
The term “traditional fence” refers to wood fences built with individual planks, rather than panels. They can be as large as a privacy fence around a property, or as small as a white picket fence around a garden.
However, our team can custom design traditional fences that incorporate personality, varying styles, and modern elements to suit your personal tastes and meld with your landscape and home.
Why install a traditional fence?
There are a variety of unique benefits to a traditional fence that our clients appreciate.
Some of the reasons our clients install traditional fences include:
- They dislike seeing their neighbors’ property
- They want a fence that looks subtle and natural, not one that stands out
- They love the “white picket fence” or farm look
- They’re interested in a low-maintenance fence (wood fences only need to be refinished or repainted every year, as opposed to other types that need maintenance twice per year or more frequently)
- Their pets are constantly digging in their garden
- They want to accent a particular area of their yard
- They have kids and pets that escape sometimes
- They’re ready to sell their home (fences increase curb appeal)
- They want to start landscaping, but first need to clarify property lines
- Their neighbors’ kids/pets frequently wander into their yard
- Their primary concern is privacy
Our fence company has extensive experience installing traditional fences in the New Orleans area. If you have any questions about traditional fencing, feel free to give us a call. The reputable fence contractors at Crescent City Iron Works will be happy to answer any of your questions and help you decide what fence type is best for you.
Go with the best – go local
Our Louisiana fence service will do more than install a fence and take your money. We’ll talk with you about your fencing needs, help you create a fencing plan that fits with your landscaping and architecture, and carefully build fencing carefully crafted to spec and that stands the test of time.
We’re not just a business, we’re your neighbors (the good ones). We live here just like you, and we take pride in helping support and improve the community through our services.
As your neighbors, we want to help you have the yard of your dreams.
- Experience: We have experience skillfully installing fencing for a variety of homes and needs. Our skilled contractors will ensure all materials are high-quality, install your traditional fence on-site, and double-check to make sure your fence is as strong as it is attractive.
- New Orleans owned and operated: Not only are we an experienced fence company, but we’re part of the NOLA community. We’re familiar with the challenges of installing a fence that stands up to the strong wind and rains. We believe in treating our customers as valued members of our community – because they are.
For a traditional fence you love, call Crescent City Iron Works Today!
If you want a fence you can enjoy for years to come, don’t just call any contractor – call a contractor who will understand exactly what you need, helping you choose the best high-quality materials, and constructing a perfectly designed end product for you and your family.
Hire a contractor who cares as much about your yard as you do. That contractor is Crescent City Iron Works.
- We aren’t happy unless you are. We’re a trusted fence company in Louisiana because we listen to our customers. “Just doing the job” isn’t the goal – “creating a yard you love” is the goal, and we won’t quit until you’re 100% satisfied.
- Responsible fence companies don’t leave messes. If your fence company comes to your home, damages your property, and leaves a mess, what sort of job do you think they did on your fence? We believe an excellent customer experience begins with fence quality and ends with construction etiquette. Our reputable fence service won’t leave a mess for you to clean up after we leave.
- We don’t make assumptions about what you want. Our reliable fence service doesn’t just put up any old fence in your backyard. We ask questions and clarify your situation and goals to make sure our vision matches yours.
- By your deadline, but not rushed. We know you’re eager to start entertaining outside again, and we’ll plan accordingly to hit your deadline – but we won’t rush a job just to finish. You can rely on our trusted contractors to put the same care into your fence that they would put into their own.
- We don’t skimp on quality. The lifetime of a fence is highly dependent on the quality of its materials and build. If your contractor uses low-quality beams in a size that is sub-optimal, your fence will be sagging or rotting within a few years. We take the time to select quality wood that will remain in good condition for years to come, taking into consideration your property’s unique challenges.
- A fence isn’t just practical – it’s also aesthetic. Your fence is part of your yard. If you’re selling your home, it’s part of your curb appeal. Our fences are high-quality in both performance and appearance, so you don’t have to choose one or the other.
Take a Look at Our Other Services
Once your yard is enhanced, you may want to spend more time outside. We offer many upgrade services for your home and patio to match your new fence, including:
- Double gates for a grand entrance to your driveway and yard
- Slide gates for a suave, stylish driveway with a modern flair
- Porch enclosures that can shield you from sun and rain while you enjoy the fresh air
- Exterior railings for areas like porch steps and ramps, to help increase safety (especially during rainy seasons)
- And more!
Crescent City Iron Works is 10 minutes away from Piazza d’Italia and is 15 minutes away from Old Ursuline Convent Museum.
Directions from Piazza d’Italia— Head east on Poydras St toward S Peters St and then turn right onto Convention Center Blvd. Turn right onto Calliope St and continue straight to stay on Calliope St. Turn left onto Magazine St.and make a slight right to stay on Magazine St.
Directions from Old Ursuline Convent Museum— Head northeast on Chartres St toward Governor Nicholls St. Turn right at the 1st cross street onto Governor Nicholls St. Turn right at the 1st cross street onto Decatur St and continue onto Magazine St. Make a slight right to stay on Magazine St.
About New Orleans
New Orleans is a story with a rich historical background and a vibrant cultural scene. We really enjoy living here – if you’ve just moved, welcome!
Here are a few of the things to see and do around the city:
- New Orleans Museum of Art: With over 40,000 pieces of art from Degas to Georgia O’Keefe, even including furniture and photography, this is a must-see for both visitors and residents.
- Royal Carriage Tour: Not your ordinary historical tour, this horse-and-carriage company will take you through the well-known French Quarter and retell some of New Orleans’ history in the process. It’s a great way to learn about New Orleans’ past with a unique experience.
- City Park: This park goes well beyond “a great place to play frisbee” – in fact, it’s bigger than Central Park in New York! This 1,300-acre sanctuary is home to the world’s largest collection of living oak trees (many are hundreds of years old), as well as almost two hundred years of history and countless trails to wander through.
All About Picket Fences (This Old House)
Enhance Your Yard with the Right Fence Color (Houzz)
What are the Pros and Cons of Wood Fencing? (Five Star Rated)
Crescent City Iron Works
3436 Magazine St., Suite #120-B
New Orleans, LA 70115