New Orleans Swing Gates - Welcome Visitors, Discourage Solicitors
You value your privacy. From pushy salespeople to well-intentioned activists, solicitors can become a hassle to deal with. However, when you don’t want to install anything that would make social events more of a hassle. What do you do?
Consider installing one of our iron or wood swing gates for New Orleans homes: automatic electric gates that respond to a gate opener, keypad, or intercom, allowing you to let in friends while discouraging solicitors.
Friends can share a common passcode or get “buzzed in” when they arrive, while advertisers will have to move on to the next home. Our iron gates enhance your privacy without detracting from the appearance of your house; in fact, the increased curb appeal and security of a swing gate can raise your home value by up to five percent!
If you’re considering installing a swing gate, give us a call. Crescent City Iron Works has 30 years of experience servicing the New Orleans area, and we’d love to help you. We can answer any questions you may have, recommend designs, and get your project started before your next big event – just let us know what you need!
What is an automatic swing gate?
A swing gate is exactly the way it sounds: a single or double gate that swings on hinges, usually opening toward your house or garage.
Automatic swing gates are operated remotely through a controller in your car, or through use of a keypad. Intercoms can also be installed to communicate with visitors upon arrival. These sorts of gates are preferred for their convenience – nobody wants to open a gate on a rainy day!
As for design, we offer swing gates in a variety of designs, including archway, flat top, and more.
Why install a swing gate
If you’re wondering whether a swing gate is a right fit for your property, you’re not alone. After all, there are many types of gates available to choose from, and knowing which is best can be a difficult decision to make.
Here are a few reasons some of our driveway gate customers ultimately decide in favor of a swing gate. If you can relate to some of these, a swing automatic gate may be for you:
- Swing gates are a classic-looking option. They fit well with traditional architecture and landscape styling.
- If you have plenty of space from your garage to the street or not much horizontal space along your driveway, a swing gate is a good fit. Swing gates don’t take up much side-to-side space.
- Our swing driveway gates in New Orleans are some of the quietest gates available – no rattling as they open.
- We are a full-service company and can repair your New Orleans electric gate if it breaks. It’s generally easier to have the original company come out and repair your gate than to hire a company that may be unfamiliar with how your gate functions attempt to fix it.
- Swing gates are available in a wide variety of styles – not only that, but the dramatic parting of the gate for visitors’ entrance adds a dynamic element to the gate’s style that sliding gates can’t have. As an ironworks company, we’re proud to offer designs that won’t sag or bend over time; with us, you know your design will last.
- Swing gates can be set up so you can operate them by car controller, keypad, or intercom. You won’t have to leave your car to open the gate, and you’ll be able to let in friends and family hassle-free.
- Swing gates increase your property’s security by making break-ins and silent entry more difficult.
- Lastly, electric swing gates can increase your home’s value. Even if you’re planning to sell your house in the future, investing in a swing gate will pay off.
Swing gates are dramatic entryways that make a statement while increasing security. They add curb appeal to your home, can be customized to your current landscaping, and aren’t difficult to operate.
Our customers appreciate the combination of convenience and value our swing gates offer – if you’re interested in learning more about installing a swing gate, just give us a call! Our trusted contractors will gladly answer any questions you may have.
Our New Orleans Roots
When you install swing gates with our contractors, you don’t just add beauty and functionality to your home; you support local business, too. This city is our home, and we appreciate the opportunity to serve the community through ironwork and gate building.
We don’t take our responsibility to you, our fellow NOLA residents, lightly.
Here’s what you can expect when you work with us:
- Quality service. You’re not just our customer, you’re our neighbor. We approach every job with a service-first mindset. Making sure we take the time to learn about you, your needs, goals, problems and how we can help you overcome them. We’ll answer your questions, schedule around big events, respect your yard, and make sure you’re satisfied with your gate before we call the job “done.”
- Trusted contractors and quality materials. There are many places that contractors can cut corners on gates: materials that can bend, hinges that can break or jam, paint that flakes off almost immediately after installation. With our trusted contractors, you can rest assured your gate is made from quality iron and constructed to last.
- On-call and near you. If your New Orleans swing gate breaks in the future – maybe a visitor hits it with their car by accident, or a storm damages the electrical components – you don’t have to Google “electric gate repair near me.” Just give us a call! We’ll come by and take a look at your gate, and fix whatever needs repairing.
See More of Our Services in New Orleans LA
If you’ve recently moved to a new home, or just decided to upgrade and refresh your current residence, we offer a variety of services that can enhance more than just your entrance.
Some of these include:
- Porch enclosures to allow you to spend more time outside, even if it’s raining or hot outside
- Traditional wood fences to increase the privacy of your backyard or accent your garden
- Security doors and windows to decrease your risk of a future break-in
- And more – contact us to find out whether we can help make your home improvement vision a reality!
Crescent City Iron Works is 20 minutes away from New Orleans Lakefront Airport and is 12 minutes away from Degas House.
Directions from New Orleans Lakefront Airport— Get on I-10 W rom Downman Rd and Morrison Rd. Follow I-10 W to US-90 W/S Claiborne Ave. Take the U.S. 90 business W exit from I-10 W. Continue on US-90 W/S Claiborne Ave. Take Louisiana Ave to Magazine St.
Directions from Degas House— Take Esplanade Ave, N Claiborne Ave, I-10 W, US-90 W/S/ Claiborne Ave and Louisiana Ave to Magazine St. Turn right onto Magazine St.
About New Orleans
We love calling New Orleans home. There’s always something to do, a performance to see, a new restaurant to try, or a trail to explore. If you’re new to the area, welcome – you’ll love it here, too!
Here are a few of our favorite local spots:
- New Orleans Pharmacy Museum: Cocktails, voodoo, and experiments – oh my! Medicine has had a long journey to get to its current state, and New Orleans made some important contributions. Even non-chemists can take a guided tour and learn about the significance of pharmacy in New Orleans’ history.
- City Park: Is anything better than Central Park in New York? We think so – City Park in New Orleans! This park isn’t just bigger than Central Park; it holds the world’s oldest collection of living oak trees. Come see why the oaks here are called the “dueling oaks” and explore trails through trees that are hundreds of years old.
- Laura Plantation: Journey through four generations of plantation life on a guided tour of this restored home! Your tour guide will take you through the grounds and buildings, including an explanation of why the main house is raised on short “stilts.” This museum is a great way to get a glimpse into daily life in the New Orleans of the 1800s.
Resources – Read more about swing gates
Crescent City Iron Works
3436 Magazine St., Suite #120-B
New Orleans, LA 70115