Iron Works In New Orleans: Create a grand entrance and secure your home with a stunning driveway gate
Imagine this: your friends are on their way to your house, they pull up to your address and are greeted by a grand wood or wrought-iron gate, swinging boldly open to reveal your front yard and driveway upon their arrival.
Impressive right? We think so too.
Here at Crescent City Iron Works, with our automatic and custom gates, New Orleans residents are able to add a stately entrance to their driveway while enhancing their home security. Electric gates can generally only be opened by intercom, controller, or keypad, allowing you to keep solicitors and trespassers out while welcoming friends and family into your home.
With our beautiful wrought-iron and wood gates, you’ll not only increase your security, but you’ll also enhance the curb appeal and value of your home.
No matter what your design ideas, we can create gates to complement existing fences, architecture, and landscaping, so that your home has a cohesive design that matches your personality.
Keep reading to learn more about the types and styles of gates we offer, and how they can enhance your home:
Automatic Driveway Gate Options
An automatic driveway gate (also known as an electric gate) is similar to a garage door: it opens with a keypad or car controller when you approach, adding security to your yard while creating a unique aesthetic.
There are several styles for driveway gates, including:
- Single swing gates – One gate that swings toward your home or garage when you approach
- Single slide gates – An individual gate that slides to the right or to the left, usually along an adjacent fence, when you approach
- Double swing gates – Two gates, like French doors, that swing toward your home or garage when you approach
- Double slide gates – Two gates that slide together to the right or to the left, usually along an adjacent fence, when you approach
The gate type best suited for your home or driveway will depend on the amount of space available as well as your goals. A swing gate requires more driveway-to-curb space but less side-to-side space, while a swing gate requires more side-to-side space but almost no driveway-to-curb space.
Why install a driveway gate for your New Orleans home?
Gates can complement your home and landscape’s design, add aesthetic prominence to your residence and boost the value of your property while adding a level of security that can help you feel safe and secure.
Below, we’ve listed a few reasons our customers ultimately decide to install a driveway gate with us:
- An automatic gate provides a barrier to trespassers, solicitors, and any unwanted visitors or anyone considering a break-in. It keeps your home from being an easy target.
- Gates are a standout feature to add to your landscaping, and one of the very few landscaping features that is both aesthetically pleasing as well as tactically functional.
- There’s not much maintenance required for an electric gate, beyond oiling the gate’s hinges once a year.
- Properly installed, a gate will last you many years of consistent service without issue.
- Should something unusual happen to your gate, our local gate company answers repair calls promptly, giving you peace of mind about the continued functioning of your gate. Additionally, if your gate should malfunction, you won’t be trapped in or out of your home; as the owner of the gate, you’ll be able to switch on a “manual mode” to enter and exit until we arrive.
- A gate can provide an added layer of safety for children and pets playing in your front yard, preventing them from running into the street.
We’ll work with you personally to ensure your new gate coordinates with your architecture, existing fencing, and landscaping, fitting perfectly into your personal style.
If you’re interested in installing a driveway gate, call us. We’d love to help you select the best design for your needs and begin constructing your new gate.
Local expertise and a track record you can rely on
Our team has been creating gates, fences, and other iron-wrought products in New Orleans for years. As fellow members of the community, it is our privilege to provide high-quality results for our “neighbors” just like you.
Here are a few reasons we stand out from the competition:
- Made in New Orleans: Some of the greatest things in the world have come from New Orleans: Jambalaya, Sandra Bullock, the Louisiana Purchase…so why not create gates and fencing here, too? Our custom products are all made from scratch, in-house and fabricated to perfection.
- High-quality materials: Cheap materials and cheap construction will bend and sag over time; that’s why we create our custom iron-wrought products from scratch using only the best materials. Our iron gates are built with care and precision, built to withstand decades of use and abuse from the elements.
- Genuine care: Customer service, in our company, goes well beyond simply selling and installing your automatic gate. To us, every customer we are able to serve is a privilege we take to heart. We pride ourselves on helping you find or design a gate you love, installing it on-schedule, communicating with you at every step of the way, and a genuinely caring about the final outcome.
Other Services we Bring to the Table
If you’re thinking of upgrading other areas of your home, we provide a variety of services and products to suit your needs, including:
- Plantation fences that add a historical touch to your property, while increasing safety and security
- Storm doors beautifully crafted of wrought iron, to match or compliment your gate and fence design
- Porch enclosures or railings that add complexity to your porch while preventing dangerous slips and falls
- And more! Give us a call to find out if we can help you with your next project.
Crescent City Iron Works is 14 minutes away from Longue Vue House and Gardens and is 14 minutes away from Madame John’s Legacy.
Directions from Longue Vue House and Gardens— Continue to Metairie and then turn right onto Metairie Rd. Continue on Pontchartrain Blvd. Take I-10 E, S Claiborne Ave and Louisiana Ave to Magazine St. Turn right onto Magazine St.
Directions from Madame John’s Legacy — Head northwest on Dumaine St toward Royal St. Turn left onto N Rampart St and continue straight onto S Rampart St. Take St Charles Ave to Magazine St and then turn right onto Magazine St.
About New Orleans
We’re proud to be a locally owned and operated New Orleans business!
Here are some of our favorite things to see and do in this city:
- New Orleans Museum of Art: This museum proudly houses tens of thousands of works of art from around the world, including a significant number of pieces from New Orleans residents. From classic Degas to modern photography, this museum has something for every art-lover.
- NOLA Comedy Hour at the Hi-Ho Lounge: New Orleans has a lively comedy scene, and if you’re interested in seeing some of the phenomenal stand-up comedy in our city, the Hi-Ho Lounge is a great place to start. Head over every Sunday at 8 PM for a drink, a meal, and a few good laughs.
- Barataria Preserve: In New Orleans, we share our city with wildlife. Barataria Preserve is a fantastic place to see some of our local animal life in its natural habitat. If you’re new to the area, start with a guided tour with a park ranger to learn to recognize some of our most unique and interesting species.
Crescent City Iron Works
3436 Magazine St., Suite #120-B
New Orleans, LA 70115