Fence Contractors For a Custom Iron Fence in New Orleans
Your yard should reflect your unique personality. It’s your entertaining hub in the summer, your sanctuary after a long day at work, and your kids’ and grandkids’ playground. If you need a fence to keep your pets in your yard, or to protect from wandering neighbors or trespassers, a fence is certainly in order.
But don’t just install any old fence. Rather, install a custom fence that reflects your personal style and complements the design of your home, business or landscape.
At Crescent City Iron Works, we build custom iron fences for New Orleans residents. Our fabrications are made to spec completely from scratch, and made in-house locally, right here in NOLA. From our unique designs (from ornamental Victorian to sleek modern) to our wide variety of post caps (pyramids, spheres, stars and more) we offer high-quality personalized fences for any design scheme. No matter what your budget is, our team can help you find the perfect fit.
If you’re interested in installing a custom iron fence, keep reading to learn more about what we offer and how it can enhance your yard.
Why install an iron fence?
Iron is a long-lasting material that can protect your property for years to come. Iron represents one of the sturdiest and most secure types of fencing, providing you with peace of mind as well as enhanced elegance.
A wrought-iron fence, when properly made, should only need to be installed once, lasting a virtual lifetime when properly maintained. That’s why we create all of our custom wrought-iron fences from scratch, right here in New Orleans. We pride ourselves on the level of craftsmanship, care, and precision that goes into each and every one of our fences.
Here are a few common reasons our clients choose iron fencing:
- They’re interested in clarifying property lines between their yard and their neighbors’
- They like the freedom to design a custom fence that fits their style
- They want to discourage neighbors, pets, or kids who wander into their yard
- They’re interested in increasing their security
- They worry about their kids, grandkids, or pets escaping the backyard
- They’ll be selling their home soon (an iron fence will boost resale value)
An iron fence can draw a clear line between your property and your neighbors’ property, protect children from wandering into nearby streets, and keep trespassers out of your yard.
Additionally, iron fences are known for their durability – this is an investment you’ll be able to enjoy for decades to come. For more information on our New Orleans ornamental iron fences, keep reading about the styles and options we offer.
What styles are available for custom iron fences?
Because our fences are custom, if you have a specific idea for a design pattern or form, let us know! Our talented welders and fabricators can craft a fence that brings your vision into reality.
Here are a few different aspects of your fence that we can tailor to your desires:
- Style – regal or aristocrat: A “regal” style iron fence has posts topped by an iron bar, while an “aristocrat” style iron fence has posts with tips that extend past the top bar.
- Post shape and design: Want an ornamental iron fence, inspired by floral designs? We can build that! Interested in a more modern, twisted iron fence? We’ll install it! When you custom-design a fence, you can choose your own post style. We even offer New Orleans style wrought iron fences!
- Post caps: If you choose an Aristocrat-style fence, we’ll help you select post caps that finish off your style with a classy touch. From traditional ball and pyramid style caps, to more ornate flame or floral options, we carry a wide selection to match your personality.
- Height: Some people need a tall fence around the perimeter of their yard; others only want a low fence around their garden. We’ll help you create a fence at whatever height is appropriate for your needs.
Whatever your design preferences, we can create a custom iron fence here in New Orleans to match.
Top quality, local spirit
We pride ourselves on providing top-quality wrought iron fences and railings for our New Orleans clients. New Orleans is our home as well, and we appreciate the opportunity to serve our neighbors by creating fences that boost both peace-of-mind, as well as the aesthetic value of your property.
Why Choose Crescent City Iron Works:
- Skilled: With over 30 years of experience, and a staff dedicated to their craft and profession, our company is known to craft exceptional custom fences for any budget or need, built to complement or blend in with any design.
- Local: We don’t believe “local business” and “quality products” conflict. By providing professional iron works services in New Orleans, we are able to employ skilled local craftsmen while investing in beautifying and securing our city.
- Quality: We craft our fences in-house, so you know you’re receiving the best quality materials and detail-oriented work from passionate ironworkers that put their heart and soul into the products they create by hand. When you work with us, rest assured that your fence will be built to last.
Installing your custom iron fence
As your New Orleans neighbors and trusted fence contractors, we’ll work to make the installation of your custom iron fence go as smoothly as possible.
Here are a few things you can expect when you hire us to create you New Orleans ornamental iron fence:
- We’ll create an iron fence you love. Our priority, as a top-rated New Orleans fence contractor, is your satisfaction. From selecting a post design to installing post toppers, we’ll make sure you absolutely love your new custom iron fence.
- We won’t leave a mess. We pride ourselves on being reputable, considerate fence contractors. We won’t leave a mess to clean up, and we won’t damage your property during installation.
- We’ll communicate with you throughout the custom-design and installation process. As you custom-design your fence, and as we install it, our reliable contractors will communicate with you about the progress of your project and any relevant updates. We won’t leave you in the dark, make decisions for you, or make assumptions.
- We’ll take the time needed to finish the job well. Our trusted welders will create your custom iron fence with care, installing and bonding posts in a way that will last for years to come.
- We won’t cut corners. We believe quality is important. That’s why, even if you’re looking for a budget iron wrought fence, we’ll make sure to choose quality materials for your project – because our city deserves the best.
- We’ll make sure your fence is both functional and aesthetically-pleasing. An iron fence with posts too far apart (or too short) won’t increase your yard’s level of security, and one with posts too close together will look like a prison. Our professionals create high-quality fences that balance security and aesthetics, designing fences that are both functional and beautiful.
Once you’ve installed your New Orleans ornamental iron fence, you may want to bring the style indoors with New Orleans style wrought iron railings, or add a gate that matches the elegance of your new fence.
We offer many services to New Orleans residents beyond custom iron fences.
Some of our other services include:
- Iron railings, both indoor and outdoor, to add style to your stairs while increasing safety
- Double French doors, as well as other door styles, to create a grand entrance into your newly-fenced yard
- Double driveway gates (and other gate types) to finish your new fence
- And more!
Contact us about your next project, and we’ll learn more about your wants, needs, budget, timeframe and better understand which service and products we have that might help you reach your goals.
Explore New Orleans!
From live music to living history, New Orleans has a culture like none other. If you’ve just moved to the city, we know you’ll love it here.
Here are a few must-see landmarks in the NOLA area:
- The Cabildo: This beautiful three-storey Spanish colonial building was the place where the Louisiana Purchase was made. It has been authentically restored and turned into a museum with many interesting and rare artifacts from American history, with a focus on Louisiana’s colorful past.
- New Orleans Food Walking Tour of the French Quarter: If you’re new to the area, this is the tour to take! New Orleans is known internationally for its unique dishes, including gumbo, jambalaya, and more; the food walking tour in the French Quarter will take you through restaurants that offer the best of our signature dishes and give you a bit of the history behind our unique cuisine.
- Laura Plantation: Before this plantation was turned into a museum, four generations lived on this plantation – and they kept meticulous records of their daily life. As a result, the buildings have been restored to their original state and the tour guides have in-depth knowledge of Louisiana life in the 1800s.
Crescent City Iron Works is 17 minutes away from St Louis Cathedral and is also 17 minutes away from Shops of the Colonnade – French Market.
Directions from St Louis Cathedral – Take Dumaine St to N Rampart St, turn left onto N Rampart St and continue straight onto S Rampart St. Take St Charles Ave to Magazine St and then turn right onto Magazine St.
Directions from Shops of the Colonnade / French Market – Head southwest on Decatur St toward Madison St, turn left onto N Peters St and continue onto Tchoupitoulas St. Turn right onto Annunciation St and take a sharp right onto Calliope ST. Turn left onto Magazine St.
32 Elegant Wrought Iron Fence Ideas and Designs (Home Stratosphere)
Hardscaping 101: Wrought Iron Fences (Gardenista)
A Guide to Installing a New Fence: Professionals, Costs and Materials (Fox News)
Crescent City Iron Works
3436 Magazine St., Suite #120-B
New Orleans, LA 70115